My annual round-up of ups and downs from the year that was and what I hope for 2016.
For the most of the time, I use this blog to keep you up to date with the ongoings of Durban. I throw in some fashion, recipes and music every so often and then sometimes, I use it as an online diary to log and sort my personal thoughts. Seeings as I have gotten some beautiful and inspiring messages from people who have come across these posts and felt inspired and connected by them, I think it’s safe to continue to have the odd Dear Diary moment. And to speak obnoxiously in third person.
Jenna has the propensity to keep on keepin’ on. To charge ahead through life and problems and do her best to be as good a person as possible. Then sometimes, sometimes, she needs to take stock and treat her soul to some rest and personal compassion.
If your life has been a roller-coaster of work, trying to get fit, holding down a relationship, keep a social life going, work, make nice with exes, navigate your crazy mind, follow through with personal endeavours, keep up your hobbies, work, mediate family dilemmas, care for pets, plan travels, find new housemates, plan meals, try to lose weight, consider getting your teeth whitened, freelancing as a journo, looking for new pillows, rearranging your room, trying to catch a tan, cleaning out the juicer, applying for a credit card, praying that your car will start, watering the pot-plants, signing up for the Midmar Mile and getting a manicure then maybe you also need to sit and take stock and give your damn mind a rest and your soul some sweet, sweet lovin’.
Here’s how I am going to do it, so that I can remind myself that I am only human. There’s also some pretty pictures.
To Do Take It Easy List:
1. Light incense every morning
2. Drink more ice cold water and yummy homemade juices
3. Remind myself that I am a fucking soldier. And a fucking goddess, too.
4. Do yoga in my pj’s. FREE THE BOOBS!
5. Allow myself to be angry with people from time to time. I don’t have to be the epitome of peacelovemoretolerance ALL the time. If I am being treated unjustly then I should love myself enough to say FUCK YA’LL. I know this seems contradictory to a peaceful state of mind but accepting your darkest feelings is largely therapeutic.
6. Speak my mind. I bite my tongue to often.
7. Stare into space
8. Float in the ocean and bath with flower petals. Who knows maybe birds will dress me in the morning too.
9. Snuggle my pets
10. Get another tattoo because they make me happy.
Lots of love dear readers, I hope that you are always reminded of your self worth and for the little things to be grateful for and to celebrate.